Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Gays drown in Deep Water

So sad now
No way out
The bottom of despair
Hormones raging
Going crazy
It there another boy who cares?


A baby gay (early stages of coming out or recently questioning) messaged me yesterday. I suppressed the feeling that I was a relic and powered through the subsequent conversation. He's from my old hometown and much younger than me *gasp* which doesn't really mean much anymore. Anyway, sad story I'm sure we're all familiar with by now, utterly alone, no one knows about him, I know I teared up a little (actually it was a surprise wasabe attack on the underside of a kappa maki). In any case, I did my best to console/answer his questions but he's still pretty alone I fear.

So thank dog for social networking sites making it easier and easier to track down people with similar "interests" as it were. I'd never met this, nor a couple others, before he contacted me. I felt something of a celebrity with all this notoriety.

In any case, it was still quite the process to actually have the balls to just randomly add someone ten years your senior... Twas cute though. He says he'd never written or expressed that he was gay before, and that when he did he felt a combination of anxiety, shame, and hope. I was impressed that he included hope in that list.

If I could've I would've hugged him. Instead I sent him a list of resources, and the titles of a few books/movies/albums which I think should be listed as required reading material in the homo-handbook. Maybe that's what I'll do with my time at work, I'll start binding said handbook as my legacy.

Carry on

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good thing you did. :-) Perhaps you should consolidate/organize that info to put on your blog as a post or a series of posts.

    ReplyDelete