Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Naked Tea for Two

I feel naked. How's that for attention grabbing? I'll explain in a moment.

Ugh another clusterfrack this weekend... why didn't I do any studying/writing in the last two weeks? Midterm tomorrow in concrete, should be okay, I know my shit (5 courses into concrete and I should hope so anyway). Thurs I have my first draft of my group project, I haven't even gotten my group's emails yet so a first draft? Good luck with that... Friday I can almost breathe because I only have two homework assignments. I suppose I should start, but I made the executive decision to scrap the March Bqqr garden. Mostly because of this week being so busy and some other politics which have been grinding my gears.

Anyway I got to work this morning and was going to msg B with the usual nauseating text when I found that my phone wasn't in my pocket. Anyway, phone is missing so I had to scramble and find a way to contact the three people I was supposed to meet today. Unfortunately my mind is as good as Nabokov against team Canada sometimes so I don't know most people's numbers. I know my old home phone number, those of my three best friends, some select relatives, but that is it. Seriously, my phone disappears and I am Jack on the island with the heavy breathing looking for Kate (read: useless and SOL). Anyway, how sad is it that I don't even know b's phone number? I think it has a 3, 7, 4, 9 in it, and the area code... so odds are that I won't remember it. Bad boyfriend? Hardly, I blame society :P. So yes I feel vulnerable and useless, but c'est la vie, kinda wish I had stayed in bed this morning, then I could be nekkid, or I could throw on some house pants and play with my kitty. Instead I'm wearing far too many clothes for a person who showered in his bathroom sink, and my kitty is playing with my phone (that poor phone) I'll have to post a pic of him (Vivi and not my phone) soon, but I'm at work.

I stole this pic from a blog I started reading, Craig from One in Eleven, he's british but I won't hold that against him, provided he has me over for tea sometime (his comments aren't working for some reason though maybe I should call him... oh no wait...).

OH another fun occurence yesterday. Ran out to UBC (read: took the bus) to drop off some documents and ran into Wanker's little sister. After a brief exchange expressing our distaste for the music selection at the closing ceremonies I bid her adeiu and walked into someone else smiling at me waiting for an audience. Another nice girl, we talked for about 15 minutes about this and that, how I was, how she was, what she was up to lately. Except I had NO IDEA WHO THIS PERSON WAS!

At first I thought it was someone I worked with at the restaurant (but she didn't complain about the restaurant so it couldn't be), then I thought it was Wanker's new gf (but I called him and he said he was with her, he laughed at me), and so perhaps it's someone i've met over my tenure at UBC, but there aren't very many girls in engineering and I'd remember this one. I'm tempted to conclude that she doesn't know me and that she thought I was someone else, I'm okay with this.

Oh shite, speaking of Wanker, he wrote his LSAT and got some ridiculously good score (top 5 percentile or something). So he is well on his way to being Marshall from How I Met Your Mother. He's pressuring me to apply for grad school for architecture (so I can be his Ted, who is my LEAST favourite character on that show btw), but like I said I'm taking at least one year off to pay down my debt and regain my sanity. After that architecture may be fun, but I think I'll probably be professionally gay (activist/counsellor/poor) and take an interdisciplinary degree in poli sci, history, law, women's studies, critical studies in sexuality, psychology, and sociology. A real melting pot of useless/interesting :P.

Carry on...

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty useless without my phone as well. I know my own cell phone number, my home (parents') number, and one of my brother's number. I can recognize a few of my friends' numbers, but I can't produce them de novo. Alas.

    ReplyDelete