Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Frustration

So Outweek/Clusterfrak week is in full swing, the wine and cheese went well-ish, and the concrete didn't happen. I am out $95 for the consultation with the dentist and because insurance won't be able to respond in time I'm on the hook for $1300. I'm okay with these things though. 2 major pieces of art have been installed at Canada Line stations (and I still need to get the plaques for these pieces done). The last one won't get done until after the Olympics start. nbd

No, the big deal is when people say they're going to do something then don't. I'm guilty of this too, but at least I'm aware of my deadline and know I still have x number of days/weeks to deal with things.

Currently I'm waiting to hear back from about 3 different people about some major components of the Semi-formal dinner/dance on Thursday and no one seems to be capable of answering their phone/checking their voicemail/responding to emails. I understand that people are busy, especially with this olympic thing starting on Friday, but if you're getting paid to do a job, DO YOUR JOB!
[/rant]

In other news the wine and cheese was a good time, it wasn't super well attended (<30 people) but everyone seemed to have fun/mingle. Afterwards the keynote speaker, Dr. Chris Shelley, gave a brief, academic speach about the importance of queer (while imploring us to take more women studies courses).

I had Dr. Shelley as a prof two years ago for my introduction to gender relations and I won't lie it was my favourite course out of the ~45 or so that I've taken thus far.

I was pleasantly surprised that not only did it have some very interesting content, but also that it was so relevant.

WHAT? Women's studies and relevant being used in the same sentence? Yes I'm afraid so. I won't spend too much time today raving about it because books can be written (and have been in fact) about the importance of feminism and how it relates to queer theory... and the homosexual agenda

I love that term, homosexual agenda. It's all part of a larger master plan. This marriage thing? It's really just normalising us (we don't care about the collateral damage it does). From there we can infiltrate the public schools and teach the young children about our lecherous and immoral lifestyle choices. Once those are in place I know I'm personally going to be working towards marrying my desk and lamp...

As I told a dear friend a few weeks ago, being queer is either caught or taught.
[/fodder for religious persecution]

Speaking of gay marriage...
The National Organisation for Marriage (NOM) is calling foul on the tremendously important (and likely appealed) court case for repealing Prop 8. They're alleging that the Judge Vaughn Walker is letting his bias affect his reasoning. They call into question his homosexuality which is an "open secret."

Just so we're queer clear, a straight man ruling on gay marriage is okay, whereas a gay man ruling on gay marriage is a farce and mockery of the courts.

I won't get too much more into it, but I recommend my (nonexistant) readers to read up on it at 365gay or some other reliable source, then contrast this with the coverage from Fox news/Focus on the Family for some levity.

Carry on...

2 comments:

  1. Slag, i cannot BELIEVE you started a blog without first consulting me old man... as a result i'm not asking for your blessing

    i'll take care of you this weekend when you're face is recoveringface

    waffles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to deduce where in the world you live (at least, which continent). I've narrowed it down to N. America, which is good enough for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete