Sunday, February 7, 2010

Clusterfrak

So this week is going to be a bit of a clusterfrak (bsg anyone?)

Monday
Tomorrow I've got a dentist appointment first thing, which is just a consultation for getting my wisdom teeth out so nbd. Then I've gotta run to class, cast some concrete samples (which is huge stress because its apart of a project worth 75% of my grade). The problem is that we don't really have a project but since concrete needs 28 days to cure to the strength we need to test... ugh i spend the better part of the last 3 years talking concrete, it's the bane of my existance.

After that, fly (figuratively) to Marine Drive to oversee an art install (some big statues), which is not really that critical because there are other more important people involved on site. But I still have to put in like 5 hours tomorrow at work. I (usually) work in an office where the dynamics are pretty unusual and in the next month or so we've got to change our location and I get to spearhead the filing (a system I inherited and only vaguely understand) and moving. So boo...

Then its back to school because it's Outweek! That means its the gay week on campus and I helped to organise two events. The first is a tea and coffee/wine and cheese where i figured out all the food/drink, unfortunately I won't be able to make the flag raising/tea and coffee, and will be just in time to help w/ the schmoozing at the wine and cheese. Hopefully I'll be charming and everything will go smoothly.

Then home to relax and see the Vivi (ma kitty) who is currently resting his head on my keyboard... its cute.

Tuesday
Another art install at work. This one is all on me, as the upper up's won't be on site. So I get to save the public from themselves (sigh, its shocking how much they can endanger themselves). Then more moving logistics probably, and some minor projects for the art.

Wednesday
Work again... then I have to run to a concrete plant for a field trip with school (boooo), then some other random project work for school.

Thurs
Wisdom teeth out! I'm going to be IV sedated which is a good time, but I'm taking the next 2-3 days off because of the pain. On the plus side I'm going to be high as a kite for the morning.
Unfortunately that's the night of the Bash which is the other event I've got to deal with for Outweek. It's a dinner dance for all the gays like a prom or something. Unfortunately I've still got to line up the sound system and lights so it will need to be done before hand (ie before i get my teeth out).

Friday is a rightoff because of the pain. But its the opening ceremonies for the olympics (frak) and so I'm basically going to need to be in hibernation mode anyway (its gonna be a huge pain getting anywhere). I'll probably end up writing an entire post about the olympics later.

In the meantime, my kitty is being ridiculously cute and it's time I made some tea so i'm going to enjoy the finer things...

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment