Friday, February 26, 2010

Reflections in Tim Hortons

I'm a slob sometimes when it comes to my diet. Usually it occurs towards the end of a major stress bomb like exams or days ending in y. It's usually followed by 3 weeks of guilt and eating properly but that one other week I'm a mess. My body doesn't thank me for it, and if I drank or ate meat I would be a blimp.

Anyway, I'm in that cycle right now because of the olympics, school, and work all perfect storming the fuck out of me (it's always something). Anyway, in that period I've frequented the Tim Horton's in my building a few times.

Each time I go I noticed a few things. Odd occurances, little life lessons, the kinds of things you'd read in your local newspaper in the 'feel good section.'

My musings were not feel good.

-a young couple (~25 ssy) were waiting in line, the guy looks at the girl and says "you're fat" then mock hits her "right in the baby maker"... she is a lucky gal...

-the shortest line in Timmy's is rarely the fastest, evidenced by the three full rotations of the line next to me which was twice as long

-old men, though charming and full of spirit, are tremendously racist "you know what the problem with this line is? those people behind the counter"

-the colourful americans in front of me last week, when told that they couldn't use their Visa because Timmy's only accepts cash, debit, and mastercard, swore, asked each other what kind of place is this and tried to pay with amex... and then got mad when they were unable to pay with that too...

Anyway, I hope that this turns into a regular feature, or perhaps I'll make comments about the judging of people I do in other places: on the bus, in their cars, in class...

Carry on

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that was random. I do hope your diet "resets" and all is well soon again. :-)

    ReplyDelete