Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Long Lists

So I always get all warm and fuzzy on my birthday. Yesterday was a decently good time despite spending my day at work, then at home working... I did get to go out with some people (bowling, dinner, improv) but that was for a leadership program I'll be attending in march. But seriously, I worked >12 hours on my birthday which sucks balls. Still cuddled with B at the end of the day (OH and took time off to watch fireworks)

Right now I found out that the work I did yesterday was... "I dunno... alright... I guess... but doesn't fit in with the brand we're trying to create..." That's the EA at work (I didn't realise we were branding our company which doesn't sell/produce anything). Seriously, for the first few months here I didn't know what we did (if anything). So blah... not feeling great right now. It could also be that I have 2 group project meetings in the next 24 hours and my kitty is sick i think (he may have an ear infection).

I hate to sound paranoid but my boss and his assistant are talking about me/my work in his office... BAH. It's nothing bad, I just have 3-4 projects that are ongoing and the last week I've been sluggish about it (because of my group projects) It's nothing particularly bad, it's just irritating. *UPDATE* They pulled me into the meeting to delegate to me the office move. I am now the go-to person for all things move/reno/selling off/disposal related. Just so we're clear, I am the part-time Administrative Assistant and not:
-a senior engineer capable of overseeing public safety or quality
-photoshop/design master
-interior decorator
-paralegal

At one point or another i have been delegated the above tasks on top of my actual jobs (Supply manager, receptionist, mail and filing clerk, eye candy :P). Unfortunately I am only in my office for 20 hours a week... so I'm going to have to start working more hours (on top of school) and blogging less at work I think :P

Le sigh, I think my body is telling me to eat something. Deep breaths...

I have a surprising ability to make tremendous to-do lists in my mind, but only in moments where I know it will make me overwhelmed. I started doing it a moment ago and realised that I'm behind on some things already...

No comments:

Post a Comment